Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Beta Feature: Star Codes

Default Re: Beta Feature: Star Codes

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    Two completely different remote methods are coming soon. One way I've never seen a VoIP provider offer at all.
    I don't believe what I am seeing.

You are causing a bit of trauma for many of us who came from a provider that was drowning in features, most of which never worked, notwithstanding the fact that the basic service never worked reliably much of the time either..

Thank you Tim

I am waiting for my number to port, so I can't test the inbound stuff, however, I did have an issue with *67. I called *67 (10 digit cell phone). My cell still shows the caller ID information for my home number.

I would expect an "unknown".

Is this working for everyone else?

Thanks,
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by orum View Post
    I am waiting for my number to port, so I can't test the inbound stuff, however, I did have an issue with *67. I called *67 (10 digit cell phone). My cell still shows the caller ID information for my home number.

I would expect an "unknown".

Is this working for everyone else?

Thanks,
    Dan
    Sometimes when you have a contact name and number programmed in on your cell or home phone, it may automatically reference it even if the CID does not transmit.

Quote Originally Posted by burris View Post
    Sometimes when you have a contact name and number programmed in on your cell or home phone, it may automatically reference it even if the CID does not transmit.

How does it know? I thought the info in your address book gets matched against the CID in order to display. Without the CID, how does it know what to display?

I just tried to call my office number, and even with *67, it was passing my home phone number to it.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by orum View Post
    How does it know? I thought the info in your address book gets matched against the CID in order to display. Without the CID, how does it know what to display?

I just tried to call my office number, and even with *67, it was passing my home phone number to it.

Dan
    Are you doing this from your HT502 or from another device?

When you dial it are you dialing it all at once?
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Are you doing this from your HT502 or from another device?

When you dial it are you dialing it all at once?
    Yes, it's a HT502. And I am dialing all the digits at once.

I will try again tomorrow in case this is caused by the recent changes to my account on Friday.

Dan

I can report the same issue here with *67. I am dialing *67 immediately followed by the ten digit number of my cell phone. The caller id info is definitely going through. I also tried *30 as well just for grins with the same results. This is with the 502 behind my router.

My intention was to have the ATA in front of the router, but even after spending quite a while on the phone with support, we just couldn't get the 502 to pull an ip address from my cable modem.

Just tried *67 again.

For the moment it isn't working, although it did yesterday...

However, when dialing from one cloned line to the other, it does show as anonymous, which it was doing yesterday.

The reason some of the codes are not in the traditional numbering is that the HT502 intercepts some of them when we use the traditional numbering.
    Bummer on the code interception. Is this the "Special Feature" setting on the HT502? I looked at the options that dropdown and see that you can choose 'standard' 'CBCOM' 'RNK' or 'Huawei'. But there's no option for 'disabled' or 'none'... Do you think Grandstream would be willing to allow their vertical service code interceptions to be completely disabled?