Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DTMF & Goodbye

Default DTMF & Goodbye

I'm using a HT-502 and during a phone call the other party complained of hearing DTMF tones. This has only happened once that I'm aware of.. Just an FYI this issue might not be exclusive to the PAP2.

Recently calling a friend I received a recorded message "Goodbye" then a fast busy. This happed several times calling the same number. Turns out my friend was using his phone during the time I was receiving the "Goodbye" message.

Jim

Default Re: DTMF & Goodbye

Even with my PAP2T, I have found that when the called party has their phone off hook and doesn't have call waiting, I get the same response.

Also when calling my number from a cell phone and network is down and failover isn't working, I get a similar message.

I'm not sure that VOIP services offer the same interrupts or intercepts that POTS does.

I noticed the 'Goodbye' and fast busy immediately following when calling my mom yesterday. Originally, I thought the goodbye was originating from her answering machine. However, I later found that it happened when her phone was off hook (on another call). I have a PAP2T also. That's the first time I've experienced that message.

So it sounds like when we're getting a Busy Signal respond code back, it's not being interpreted right and is kicking out a generic error "Goodbye".

I'll have someone look into this more.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Operator...I've been Cut off! (Marie Antoinette's Last Voip Call)

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    So it sounds like when we're getting a Busy Signal respond code back, it's not being interpreted right and is kicking out a generic error "Goodbye".

I'll have someone look into this more.
    Have them look at off hook (when they are dialing) versus someone who is actively engaged in a call where answer supervision has been provided to the party.

So - I call mom, but mom is just dialing someone or she dialed the local pharmacy and the pharmacy has not yet answered....those calls cannot receive a call waiting tone.

I call mom and she's talking to the pharmacy. She should get a call waiting tone and I should hear ringback.

So off hook is different from "engaged in a call" and the SS7 links may be passing different header information about the call that is being mis-interpreted by the "Voipo switch".....
    Just my 2 cents.

Tim and company:
    Ok relative to my post above, I took my pots line off hook and just let the dial tone drone on without dialing.

I picked up my 212 372 XXXX voipo line and called the pots line 631 361 XXXX and got the goodbye greeting.

I then dialed my cell from my pots, thereby establishing a supervised open call. I picked up my voipo line 212 372 XXXX and called the pots 631 361 XXXX and got ringback tone from voipo and got a call waiting tone on my pots line.

I repeated this test twice with the same results.
    Look in my call logs for Friday evening around 11:55 PM

1st call failed
    2nd worked
    3rd failed
    4th worked.

Its the damn header/traveling servicemark that is confusing the voipo equipment when the line is in a dialing state as opposed to a connected or "engaged" call.

When we used to encounter this stuff at Verizon, we simply charged more for it......

Hope that helps.

I don't know if this is somehow a related issue, the call waiting feature is no longer working correctly on my HT-502.

I can flash from a conversation to second caller but can no longer flash back to the first caller, nor can I then flash/return back to the second caller. In this case I lose both callers. I had this problem with the HT-286 but HT-502 corrected this issue. Now for some reason the HT-502 seems to have this problem.

My HT-502 still has the original firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by GTOJim View Post
    I don't know if this is somehow a related issue, the call waiting feature is no longer working correctly on my HT-502.

I can flash from a conversation to second caller but can no longer flash back to the first caller, nor can I then flash/return back to the second caller. In this case I lose both callers. I had this problem with the HT-286 but HT-502 corrected this issue. Now for some reason the HT-502 seems to have this problem.

My HT-502 still has the original firmware.
    Early on when I had the 502 with the original firmware, this problem was evident. When I upgraded the firmware it then worked O.K.

FWIW,
    my wife just complained about the 'goodbye' problem
    She dialed her parents and got the 'goodbye' audio message
    She dialed again and got through
    I think this is a first time that we ran into this problem
    my wish list:
    1. Intelligent Call Forwarding that detects the incoming call originated from the "forwarded" phone and rings the original destination instead
    2. Call History that makes use of CallerID/Custom CallerID+Location. Call History only shows Custom CallerId+Loc. No CNAM look up; Albeitly,it's a step in the right direction!
    3. Scheduled sim. ring with a twist (see wish #1)

Quote Originally Posted by voxabox View Post
    FWIW,
    my wife just complained about the 'goodbye' problem
    She dialed her parents and got the 'goodbye' audio message
    She dialed again and got through
    I think this is a first time that we ran into this problem
    Look at my post a few above.....this is most likely the culprit.
    Her parents were probably dialing or had just placed a call and that call they placed had not yet been answered.
    That's why later on she got through.