Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No more DTMF tones...

Default Re: No more DTMF tones...

Quote Originally Posted by usa2k View Post
    BTW, I *almost* never hear tones.
    You guys consider having your ears checked? :-) :-)
    Russell

ptrowski,

Have you tried setting the DTMF method to Auto after you installed DD-WRT? If you haven't tried, its probably worth a try.

The only times I hear tones are from Magicjack phones. Even with Magicjack, its not all the time. And people who call me from Magicjack phones have high latency because of the geographical presence.

Quote Originally Posted by Russell View Post
    You guys consider having your ears checked? :-) :-)
    We would we do that? We hear them just fine. Seems you need your hearing checked.

Quote Originally Posted by sr98user View Post
    ptrowski,

Have you tried setting the DTMF method to Auto after you installed DD-WRT? If you haven't tried, its probably worth a try.

The only times I hear tones are from Magicjack phones. Even with Magicjack, its not all the time. And people who call me from Magicjack phones have high latency because of the geographical presence.
    No I have not. I can give it try.

The PAP2T DTMF from Voipo is provisioned for 'auto' and 'strict'

As I said, I have yet to hear the first tone ever, with any adapter or provider..

Quote Originally Posted by burris View Post
    The PAP2T DTMF from Voipo is provisioned for 'auto' and 'strict'

As I said, I have yet to hear the first tone ever, with any adapter or provider..

That's great Burris, you have mentioned it many times. Neither have I though until the PAP2 specifically on Voipo, but not with the 502 on Voipo.

I have yet to find a provider that I don't hear them. 5 years and 4 providers and only my wife does this.

I guess the solution is to get a new wife.

I can see the divorce papers stated reason for divorce "She DTMFs me"

ptrowski,

I bought a Linksys SPA2102 to solve my DTMF talk-off issue (as well as the known NAT problems with newer Linksys routers). It has a DTMF "strict hold off time" setting which the PAP2 did not have in the earlier firmware. I don't know if the latest 5.1.6 firmware has this "strict hold off" setting, but if it does maybe you can ask tech support to try the settings below.

The "Inband+INFO" was needed instead of "Inband" only to maintain compatibility to Voipo VM system. I had to move the Strict Hold Off Time from the default value of 40 to a value greater than 90 to eliminate the DTMF talk-off.

Hope this helps.

DTMF Tx Method: InBand+INFO
    DTMF Tx Mode: Strict
    DTMF Tx Strict Hold Off Time: 100

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    Yeah that's the main reason we don't use inband by default when someone asks about DTMF. So far we've still only had 4 complaints about it that I know of.

Sorry, you should have been told about VM upfront with it when you requested move to inband. The voicemail system isn't currently compatible with it.

You'll be able to check it using the remote access number 832-838-7000 but it requires AVT/RFC8322 for checking it from the VOIPo line.
    Sorry to drag up my old thread, but I tried called the access line for checking voicemail and it doesn't recognize the DTMF tones either.

If I am set to inband for DTMF method is there zero way to check my voicemail from my Voipo line?

Quote Originally Posted by ptrowski View Post
    Sorry to drag up my old thread, but I tried called the access line for checking voicemail and it doesn't recognize the DTMF tones either.

If I am set to inband for DTMF method is there zero way to check my voicemail from my Voipo line?
    Not from the VOIPo line directly. You could use the access number remotely or hit * when your voicemail greeting comes on.

We're working on pushing out some voicemail changes in general soon and when that's done it will support inband. It's just that the current implementation doesn't.

We may be able to add another option like 124 that proxies the call through another system and converts the DTMF so it's compatible with the voicemail system. I'm not 100% sure on it, but can check into it this week.
    Last edited by VOIPoTim; 05-10-2009 at 01:22 PM.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook