Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Custom CallerID Hiccup?

Default Custom CallerID Hiccup?

Just received an incoming call from my Dad. He's in my contacts, and the custom callerID has always worked fine, but this call came across "traditionally" (last name, first) instead of "Dad-Home". Extremely minor problem that I could care less about, and it might be part of the death throes of The Planet. Just thought I'd post it here, in case it's a symptom of anything other than system migration.

Default Re: Custom CallerID Hiccup?

I have calls some calls (e.g. among others at 9:57 EDT and 9:29) which appears to have done the same thing.
    Russell

It's still broken this morning.
    Russell

I noticed this morning that incoming cid numbers now have a 1 in front of them where they previously only included the phone number + area code (10 digits).

I'm not sure if this is part of the cause or merely another symptom of custom cid not working but wanted to point it out nonetheless.

Also my call history in the vPanel still appears to show only 10 digits. The extra digit is only coming through on my phone's cid. Oh, the voicemail email I receive from VOIPo also now shows the extra digit as well. I have a vm email from April 7 that showed only 10 digits and received another this morning (from same caller) that now shows an extra digit (has +1 in front of area code and number).

Quote Originally Posted by carlquist View Post
    I noticed this morning that incoming cid numbers now have a 1 in front of them where they previously only included the phone number + area code (10 digits).

I'm not sure if this is part of the cause or merely another symptom of custom cid not working but wanted to point it out nonetheless.

Also my call history in the vPanel still appears to show only 10 digits. The extra digit is only coming through on my phone's cid. Oh, the voicemail email I receive from VOIPo also now shows the extra digit as well. I have a vm email from April 7 that showed only 10 digits and received another this morning (from same caller) that now shows an extra digit (has +1 in front of area code and number).
    Being new. I'm curious. Does VOIPo communicate when there are maintenance / system changes on their web-site? Seems like something has changed. I've also noticed oddities with distinctive ring - just from one test call, so I'm not positive.
    Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Russell View Post
    Being new. I'm curious. Does VOIPo communicate when there are maintenance / system changes on their web-site? Seems like something has changed. I've also noticed oddities with distinctive ring - just from one test call, so I'm not positive.
    Russell,
    Yes we do communicate when there are system or network issues aswell as maintenance windows.

These announcements are available under our News and Announcements thread. I encourage everyone to subscrive to that forum in order to receive email updates when new threads/announcements are posted.

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoDylan View Post
    Russell,
    Yes we do communicate when there are system or network issues aswell as maintenance windows.

These announcements are available under our News and Announcements thread. I encourage everyone to subscrive to that forum in order to receive email updates when new threads/announcements are posted.
    Ok, I see nothing there. Still having no Custom Caller ID. Should I open a ticket or is this something known to VOIPo and being worked on?
    Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Russell View Post
    Ok, I see nothing there. Still having no Custom Caller ID. Should I open a ticket or is this something known to VOIPo and being worked on?
    Russell,
    I've corrected your Forum Access - give the News and Announcements forum another refresh.
    With regards to a custom CID - please open a ticket. We'll get this looked into.
    Last edited by VOIPoDylan; 04-10-2009 at 10:13 AM.

I can confirm my cell phone gets the standard CNAM instead of my phone book entry. I can also confirm the prepended "1" before the 10-digit number. My bet would be these are closely tied together.

If this were isolated, I would think a ticket is in order.
    It seems odd, if it were just us few.
    I will put a ticket in. LKQ-449644

Interesting its like that on my 734-437 account,
    But my 352-399 account gets 10 digit numbers.
    Also interesting the 734-437 account sees my cell with proper name ...

Yet the 352-399 account gets "Livonia MI" like it did not bother with real CNAM
    (No custom CNAM set in the phone book of 352-399 account.)
    Last edited by usa2k; 04-10-2009 at 10:29 AM.

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

YWE-523763 created.
    Russell