Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Calling problems 5-7-09 AM

Default Re: Calling problems 5-7-09 AM

Quote Originally Posted by sr98user View Post
    192.168.x.x is a Class C private network and it is not routable on the internet. Unless your ISP is sending it or your ATA is trying to contact, you should not be seeing 192.168.x.x address.
    Sorry, I should have mentioned that I am seeing the 192.168 address on incoming connections on my Asterisk box, as in the incoming SIP messages whereas it used to show the 4.68.250 addresses. On the actual firewall I am seeing connections to the Internet IP's.

Quote Originally Posted by sr98user View Post
    192.168.x.x is a Class C private network and it is not routable on the internet. Unless your ISP is sending it or your ATA is trying to contact, you should not be seeing 192.168.x.x address.
    That's correct, although he is talking about the Call-ID (of the call) where it was originated.
    ________
    Babe vid
    Last edited by VOIPoBrandon; 03-21-2011 at 07:41 PM.

I noticed my cloned line was showing 192.168.x.x which was strange as normally both lines show the internet IP, it was like this for several days. When my ISP went down for several hours (hardware broke) they forced a reasignment of IP's which forced me to reboot the ATA (as well as everything else), and it came back normally not showing my private network IP anymore.