Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Calls completing but no audio

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Calls completing but no audio

I have received two calls from the same number and both times it was just dead air. I called from my cell phone and it was dead air on both ends.

Anyone else reading having a issue? I submitted a ticket HKF-954310

I called out from the phone and that was fine so it is only affecting inbound calls.

Default Re: Calls completing but no audio

We use our phone very little - no one is home during the day M-F. I noticed the issues with dead air on Monday when I took the day off and had to call tree companies. And, my child complained the same day when she dialed and couldn't hear anything. I hate to ask family members if they're having issues with the phone - I then get accused (from previous experience when a different provider was having technical issues) of going with a "cheap phone company". And, it's not said as a compliment to my thriftiness.
    Russell

I had exactly the same problem yesterday afternoon. After much testing, temporarily connecting the ATA directly to the DSL modem, re-connecting and re-booting router, changing servers it suddenly started working again. Ultimately nothing was changed in my set up. Last correspondence indicated that it probably was due to the outage reported yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by GPM View Post
    I had exactly the same problem yesterday afternoon. After much testing, temporarily connecting the ATA directly to the DSL modem, re-connecting and re-booting router, changing servers it suddenly started working again. Ultimately nothing was changed in my set up. Last correspondence indicated that it probably was due to the outage reported yesterday.
    Ya well I am still without service. They have made test calls. Nothing has changed at all about my setup. They suggested that running X-Lite might be the cause so I shut it down and still have the issue. Funny thing is I CAN hear audio IF I answer with X-Lite. The ATA has no audio on inbound calls only. Oh and I have already done the usual reboot the router ATA ect. What ever is wrong its not on my end.

I see you have an XLite client currently registered on our system.
    It has been registered around 45 minutes. Did the call come in when Xlite was registered/signed-on? If so, I believe that XLite may have been the culprit.
    So I shut down X-Lite and the problem remained.

We've noticed a ring abnormalcy but nothing really shot out to us when reviewing your SIP traces.
    What I'll do is escalate your ticket over to our Seniors where the issue will be more thoroughly looked into. You can expect a followup shortly.
    Guess we will see what happens.
    In case you support folks need it.

Tracing route to central01.voipwelcome.com [67.228.251.106]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms Access_Denied [192.168.10.1]
    2 9 ms 8 ms 9 ms 10.33.128.1
    3 14 ms 9 ms 9 ms COX-68-12-8-157-static.coxinet.net [68.12.8.157]

4 10 ms 7 ms 8 ms ge-7-0-1-mx02.mtc1.tul.ok.cox.net [68.12.18.246]

5 70 ms 9 ms 8 ms xe-0-3-0-dsr02.rd.tul.ok.cox.net [68.12.18.4]
    6 42 ms 28 ms 23 ms dalsbbrj01-ae0.r2.dl.cox.net [68.1.0.142]
    7 20 ms 32 ms 16 ms po-1.r02.dllstx09.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.2.1
    54]
    8 22 ms 16 ms 17 ms te2-1.cer02.dal01.dallas-datacenter.com [157.238
    .224.70]
    9 16 ms 15 ms 15 ms po1.dar02.dal01.dallas-datacenter.com [66.228.11
    8.203]
    10 16 ms 40 ms 17 ms po2.fcr04.dal01.dallas-datacenter.com [66.228.11
    8.218]
    11 17 ms 17 ms 18 ms central01.voipwelcome.com [67.228.251.106]

Trace complete.
    Kind of feel helpless because I have no idea what to do to help resolve it.

EDIT- After 30 seconds it goes to a sound that sounds like a pots line left off the hook.
    Also because of this thread http://forums.voipo.com/showthread.p...1976#post11976 I turned off simul ring and still have the issue.
    Last edited by Xponder1; 05-13-2009 at 11:45 AM.

My last caller-maybe 1 1/2 hours ago- had to call 3 times before I could hear them to continue the call..

Quote Originally Posted by burris View Post
    My last caller-maybe 1 1/2 hours ago- had to call 3 times before I could hear them to continue the call..
    That is exactly what I have been waiting to hear thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by burris View Post
    Since Tim asks if anyone else is having issues and I don't believe I saw a follow-up to Burris' issue, can I assume that it's fixed? Since I experienced something similar a couple of days ago, I'm most curious as to how Burris' issue was resolved.
    Russell

I had similar problems yesterday around 11.15am and posted this in a different thread.

I just tested incoming and outgoing. Both are fine here.

We've had a handful of reports about this and are double checking some things. Still not many reports, but a few so we are going to take a closer look. If you're experiencing it, please make sure you have in a ticket and stand by for an update today.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Xponder1 - Can you PM an alternate contact number? We haven't been able to reproduce this issue here today with our test setups and want to get a trace of what is happening since it's chronic for you.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook