Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: DTMF tones

Default Re: DTMF tones

Quote Originally Posted by bill875 View Post
    Just for the record, I too have experienced hearing DTMF tones when my mom calls out from the VOIPo line to my POTS line at my office. It is irritating and I too would like to know how to solve it.

Also, mostly when talking to someone on a cell phone, the person on the cell phone claims to hear an echo of their own voice. These are the only problems I've had though.
    I have had the echo crop back up again. It seems to come and go.

I've had some intermittent echo issues as well.

The 2 options I think are worth toggling are the Volume controls (FXS I/O Gain) and the Audio option.
    Both of these options are available under your vPanel > Features > Preferences.> Advanced.

I would recommend lowering the Volumke controls (both) to Very low or Low to suppress the echo's and feedback you're reporting. The majority of the phones we use today have built-in volume controls, use those instead to toggle the volume.

Echoing usually relates latency, seeing as this is the internet -- it will be sporadic. In this case I would try toggling between Audio Direct/Proxying through our servers if you continue to hear echoing on the previously selected Audio option - simply toggle this value.

If you're hearing beeps/tones, try toggling the DTMF mode option to InBand.
    You may lose some compatibility dealing with other DTMF menus such as the automatted "touch key" systems you get when you call your utility providers, bank, ect. It's worth a shot though..

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoDylan View Post
    I would recommend lowering the Volumke controls (both) to Very low or Low to suppress the echo's and feedback you're reporting. The majority of the phones we use today have built-in volume controls, use those instead to toggle the volume.
    I had acceptable audio with the volume set to low, but I had a hard time hearing my voicemail on my laptop's speakers, even when they were turned all the way up. This got better when I set volume to medium (unless it was my imagination). Is there any way to turn up the volume for voicemail without affecting the phone?

Fwiw, I heard a couple of tones today in a short conversation with my child (who was at home on the VOIPo line).
    Russell