Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Average ETA on number port from Vonage??

Default Re: Average ETA on number port from Vonage??

Quote Originally Posted by mforward View Post
    FYI - It appears the any incoming with the same area code appear as only 7 digits. Is there a setting on the vpanel to change the display to 10 digits for all calls?
    We actually send 10 digits on all calls. Is there a setting on the phone for it that may be doing it?
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

There just might be Tim. I'll check my phone and see if it is a physical setting. Thanks.

It was indeed a phone setting I had to adjust to show 10 digits. Thanks for that heads up Tim.

Vonage took their sweet time with mine. About 10 days. Then they will only cancel with a phone call where some rep (sounded Indian) asked at least 3 times if I wanted to hold off canceling, just to make sure I was happy.

10 days is a heck of a lot shorter than the last time I did a port. My port from Vonage finalized yesterday and I called today to cancel. Same song and dance, but I made it clear that their service was unusable for me, so even if it was free I didn't want it. I could tell that her heart wasn't really in it, but she had to go through the motions. "Use it as a backup line.." Hello! People couldn't hear me (and I couldn't hear them!

Proud to be Vonage-free today.
    Steve

I noticed that my Vonage bill lacks the phone number of my account. I just faxed over the change request form to VOIPo with my most recent Vonage bill. Will the lack of a phone number on the bill delay the porting process?

I used a copy of the "Account" page from Vonage, which included my number, my account number and my address. It was accepted. I don't know what you mean by "bill" as I never got an explicit bill from Vonage.
    Steve

Thanks Steve. I clicked the Billing tab on the Vonage portal, then a printable version of my most recent invoice. But it only shows my account number and billed amount, not my existing number.

I said Account page, not Billing.
    Steve

I had already submitted the transfer paperwork at the time of my post yesterday. I received an acknowledgment from VOIPo that the transfer started. So I'll see if that information was adequate from the Billing page . I had tried to change my contact info on the Account page (my address was out of date), but Vonage kept popping up a new Terms of Service to acknowledge if I did that.