Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Average ETA on number port from Vonage??

Default Average ETA on number port from Vonage??

I just signed up for VOIPo yesterday from Vonage! I've had Vonage for 5 years and while I was satisfied with them, I just couldn't pass up the cost savings for VOIPO

I am curious to know what has been the average time it has taken for Vonage to give up their number to VOIPO for porting. Are there any ex-Vonagers out there who brought their number with them that can share their number porting experience?

Default Re: Average ETA on number port from Vonage??

Anywhere from 7-72 days (I think I may be wrong)
    iVoIP Online
    http://www.ivoiponline.net
    877-208-2049

If Lingo to VOIPo averages 10 days now ... Vonage should be painless
    http://forums.voipo.com/showpost.php...08&postcount=2
    Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    Lingo usually isn't an issue and is in the typical timeframe of about 10 days.

Voicepulse is just a special case.

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

I just went through this with Vonage. My port was confirmed within a day of submission and the port date was less than two weeks away.
    Steve

The good news:
    My 2 Vonage lines took 9 days from when I submitted it to Voipo until it was completed. I understand it's even quicker now.

The bad news:
    My $39.95 per line cancellation fee from Vonage was even quicker! (Which I disputed through my AMEX card and received an immediate refund from Amex).

Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd View Post
    The bad news:
    My $39.95 per line cancellation fee from Vonage was even quicker! (Which I disputed through my AMEX card and received an immediate refund from Amex).
    I too am porting over from Vonage after 5 years. Their service has been excellent for me and provided big savings over AT&T land lines. But, likewise for me, the cost savings with VOIPo is too good to pass up.

According to the Vonage "chapter & verse" you should only get hit with the cancellation fee if you've been with them for less than a year.

I'm wondering if I'll still have access to the Vonage dashboard after the port?

And if the Vonage Linksys box has any value?

The box would have value maybe $20-$30 on ebay. Try to reset/unlock it you could probly do it easily. I know its not hard to do.
    iVoIP Online
    http://www.ivoiponline.net
    877-208-2049

It's been quite a while since I had Vonage, but...

Unlocking your box may not be so easy. If you want to try, do a google search for your ATA's model and 'unlock'. If you are unable to unlock it, it won't have any value on eBay. From what I've seen the $20-30 value is for an unlocked (used) unit.

Quote Originally Posted by SingleBbl View Post
    I too am porting over from Vonage after 5 years. Their service has been excellent for me and provided big savings over AT&T land lines. But, likewise for me, the cost savings with VOIPo is too good to pass up.

According to the Vonage "chapter & verse" you should only get hit with the cancellation fee if you've been with them for less than a year.

I'm wondering if I'll still have access to the Vonage dashboard after the port?

And if the Vonage Linksys box has any value?
    Yes, after 5 years there is no fee. In my case it was 2 years and I left after a year. Now it is back to 1 year. You'll have access to only your billing for a while. The box is useless unless it was one of the router models, then it could still be a router. If you sell it they won't activate it for the person you sell it to so don't even bother unless the buyer is aware.

FYI - I received my ATA yesterday and hooked it up with ease Clear call quality, good features (I really like the contacts and customer caller-ID features) and easy setup. Now I'm just waiting for my number to port, which hopefully won't be long.

FYI - It appears the any incoming with the same area code appear as only 7 digits. Is there a setting on the vpanel to change the display to 10 digits for all calls?