Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Q on voice mail

Default Re: Q on voice mail

Quote Originally Posted by stevech View Post
    So I conclude it's not me, it's VoIPo's voice mail isn't receiving or isn't detecting my DTMFs.
    It sounds like your ATA may be incorrectly configured for DTMF Inband instead of AUTO. I would open a ticket with support to have them check it out.

Where's the web page or printed voice mail user guide listing the keys/commands? Not on the Quick Reference Guide sent to me.
    Their support section on voipo.com has been updated with more info than what I remember before. It may not be very detailed, but the new FAQ's seem to address most questions including the voicemail features.

http://www.voipo.com/support.php

Quote Originally Posted by tritch View Post
    It sounds like your ATA may be incorrectly configured for DTMF Inband instead of AUTO. I would open a ticket with support to have them check it out
    OK thanks. I did. I understand in-band versus out-of-band/SIP, etc. But whatever setting it has works with other IVRs but not VoIPo's Voice mail server. Odd, eh?

The DTMF method is whatever VoIPo wanted it to be. On other systems, changing to out-of-band caused problems with incompatible signaling systems for some routes or destination PBXes, etc. (I guess SS7 is a goner!).

OK thanks. I did. I understand in-band versus out-of-band/SIP, etc. But whatever setting it has works with other IVRs but not VoIPo's Voice mail server. Odd, eh?
    Actually, I'm a BYOD user and have my port 2 configured to DTMF in-band. I can definitely confirm that Voipo's voicemail system will not respond to in-band DTMF. Although, Tim indicated in another thread some time ago that their system had been reconfigured to allow in-band DTMF, it still will not work. I always have to use my phones on port 1 (which is configured for out-of-band) to retreive my voicemails. I have yet to call another IVR system that does not work with in-band......only Voipo's system doesn't.

I have yet to call another IVR system that does not work with in-band......only Voipo's system doesn't.
    I am using the ATA (HT502) that VoIPo sent, and it's locked.
    So in-band/out-of-band is what VoIPo wants.

But it fails to work for ONLY their voice mail? Other IVRs do work.

There has to be some misunderstanding here.
    Last edited by stevech; 03-31-2010 at 12:20 AM.

But it fails to work for ONLY their voice mail? Other IVRs do work.
    Exactly.....that's why I suspect an in-band DTMF setting.

Voipo prefers to set their ATA's to out-of-band unless you have a reason to ask support to change it. Since you have a new ATA, it's possible the DTMF setting was not properly set to out-of-band when it was configured or provisioned. If support says it correct, you may have another underlying problem.

Check out post #4 from Tim in this thread:
    http://forums.voipo.com/showthread.p...highlight=dtmf

If you call Voipo's voicemail remote number 832-838-7000 using your Voipo line (not your POTS line) and your DTMF works, but it doesn't work by calling 123 then an in-band setting is likely the culprit.
    Last edited by tritch; 03-31-2010 at 01:01 AM.