Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Double Tones on Conference Lines

Default Re: Double Tones on Conference Lines

And now ... the problem is back!

It's really not more than a nuisance - I don't have any problems placing or receiving calls and call quality is good. But when certain tones tend to repeat, it's a real pain in the butt to check my voice mail at work or open a conference line.

Anyway, I've reopened my previous service ticket and we'll see how quickly it gets resolved.

I had this sort of distorted DTMFs on certain IVRs I called - on a different VoIP provider, and with a Linksys PAP2, and with in-band DTMF. They incorrectly diagnosed the issue, changed me to SIP signaling (out of band) - and that proved incompatible with ANI used by some of their carriers.

But on VoIPo, with the Grandstream, no issues so far, including services (IVRs) I call and a conference bridging company I frequent (800 number)

It could be just me but it seems like in the past when I had it happen with a provider it usually pointed to the Linksys device. When I used a Grandstream I never had any issues.

Quote Originally Posted by ptrowski View Post
    It could be just me but it seems like in the past when I had it happen with a provider it usually pointed to the Linksys device. When I used a Grandstream I never had any issues.
    Yeah, I'm on Linksys, so there must be something to that.

Anyway, it's fixed again. This time the response I got was "I updated the jitter buffer". Hmm. Interesting.

Anyway, if it happens again I'll ask about switching to a Grandstream ATA.