Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: freePBX Asterisk problem

Default Re: freePBX Asterisk problem

This now works. Can't you accept SIP OPTIONS packets from a host that is registered to you? I'm now groveling through the source to see why unknown is being sent.

VOIPoNorm Guest

I've developed a fix that matches the IP address of the sender of the OPTIONS (Asterisk in this case) against the IP address of registered/authenticated users. Upon a good match, the OPTIONS is replied to. If there is no match, the OPTIONS will not be answered.

There are some cases where Asterisk is sending us OPTIONS without first having a valid registration. In the future, these requests will not be answered. I'm going to look into what is causing this particular condition. These are a minority of the total number of OPTIONS requests.

Regards,
    Norm

Talking Re: freePBX Asterisk problem - fixed!

Thanks to VOIPoNorm I now have outgoing working! Turns out it had something to do with my old carrier account being transferred to express.

Norm, I'm down *again*. Starting yesterday afternoon. Your IP check is still working, since I'm showing you as reachable, but outbound calls fail with CONGESTION. I am registered (according to codeblue). This is getting frustrating, to say the least

Are you still down? I just made a test call to my mobile# from my Residential line, and it went through OK. I was also able to make a call a bit earlier (about 15 mins after you posted, just got called away from the PC and couldn't finish the message).

Nope, now it's working

VOIPoNorm Guest

I checked the logs and didn't see any major failures around the time you mentioned.

To anyone that may be monitoring this thread. In the ticket you open at http://support.voipo.com please include the calling number, the called number and the approximate time that the call was attempted. That will help us track down the call in the logs.

The suggestion about creating a template that requires these items before creating a support ticket is great.

Regards,
    Norm

Aughhh!!!!!!!! Now it's happening again! I'll update the ticket... If you want a copy of the wireshark trace, let me know...
    Last edited by dswartz; 05-17-2008 at 01:25 PM.

VOIPoDanielC Guest

I never got mine working again after troubleshooting for days.

Norm indicated my from SIP info is wrong. Dunno why, I'll have to check when I get home.