Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
I was just looking back through this thread and it looks like I missed this question. Sorry!

We looked at a few possibilities and ultimately decided to use a "calling card" approach where you dial an access number and authenticate. You'll also be able to "register" certain numbers to speed this up when calling from one of them so you only enter a PIN number rather than having to enter your full VOIPo number.

The main reason for this approach is that it encompasses all phone types. We looked at things like smartphone apps for this like many competitors use, but that turns into a situation where it's only useful for a segment of our users (ones that have the type of phone the app is for) and complicates it. An access number/calling card approach opens it up to everyone and should be super simple for someone to just program into their cell as a contact, enter their PIN and dial.

We have a lot more coming than what was announced though. As an example, this access number also allows you to use VOIPo * codes to control your account remotely from another phone. So you could in theory call it and change your failover number.

Besides international calling, here's a list of the supported functions when dialing in:

*68 - Prompts for phone number to call ( Removes Anonymity)
*82 - Prompts for phone number to call ( Removes Anonymity)

I'm glad to see that you are fixing the *82 problem with not have to use *68 instead. Now if only i could get my android phone to quit deleting the * from my contacts every time i back them up.

New question-- with everyone dropping there pots for cell and voip service, the need to fax is needed, i know you can use your cpanel to do that but is there any plan to do like efax does, and let you send a fax by email like 1xxx5551212@voipwelcome.com(fax-number@voipwelcome.com) but they require that the email is sent from the fax email account, to keep anyone from sending faxes. thanks