Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
It's real SMS. So you've be able to text your VOIPo number from any cell phone. The messages would show up in your vPanel and you could also reply from there. The e-mail destination field is just to forward a copy of the message to to alert you so you don't need to keep checking the panel. Alternatively it could also be forwarded back out via SMS to another number such as a cell phone. The view posted is a "conversational" view which basically shows all the messages to/from a specific external number kind of in the same format as an instant message.

An example where this is very useful would be someone who ports a cell phone number to VOIPo (they could still receive text messages on it).
These are really exciting new features. I'm looking forward to them!

Tim, if it doesn't cost VOIPo more, please see if you can integrate into the various gateways. I've got a Telna Mobile cell phone number. I can send and receive texts fine to other cells, but for some reason it does not participate in various gateways or short codes. e.g. you can't receive Facebook or Twitter notifications. Or, use it for my bank or investment accounts' SMS notification. So, if VOIPo's SMS does not have these limitations it would be awesome.