I had my HT502 set up the way VOIPO recommends, Cable Modem -> HT502 -> Linksys Router. The setup works fine for phone/internet. I'm getting ready to install an IP security camera system so I tried a port forwarding/DMZ experiment. I configured a Win 7 PC as a web server and tried unsucessfully to set up the HT502 for port forwarding and then for DMZ and couldn't get either of them to work. Port Forwarding thru the Linksys Router works fine. I ended up putting the router back onto the modem and feeding the HT502 from the router and that configuration works OK but I'd like to know why I can't get Port Forwarding or DMZ to work on the HT502.

I've tried 3 calls to Tech Support and haven't had any success. DMZ should be easiest I would think. I set the DMZ address to the IP address that the HT502 had assigned to the router, 192.168.2.100 and rebooted. Nothing!. I am forwarding port 8080 for my server so it's not a port 80 block problem and again, it works fine without the HT502 in the path.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.