Thread: BYOD Users: Available Nodes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: BYOD Users: Available Nodes

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    Here is some updated info regarding available nodes.

BYOD Users:

If you are a BYOD user, you should configure your device using the information in your vPanel under the Softphone/BYOD tab.

sip-byod.voipwelcome.com (Dallas)

Grandfathered BYOD Users ONLY:

If you're a grandfathered BYOD user when we allowed it without restriction, your credentials will work on all VOIPo nodes. Here are your options.

sip-east01.voipwelcome.com (Washington DC)
    sip-central01.voipwelcome.com (Dallas)

Node sip-west01.voipwelcome.com has been discontinued and is redirecting to Dallas. We are reviewing options for a potential west coast node in the future, but were not happy with the performance of that node since it connected to Dallas on the public network and latency/internet events affected database queries and other connections to Dallas. East connects on a private network to Dallas to avoid the public internet and this is what we're going for in a future west coast node as well.
    Tim, are you discontinuing the West node for non-BYOD users as well? I just checked, and it still says I'm connecting to West (non-BYOD), although I supposed it could be redirected.

On an unrelated note, I was recently in Italy and needed to make some calls to U.S. toll-free numbers. I cranked up the soft-phone on my iPhone, which uses the softphone/BYOD node, and all the calls went through as if I were calling from home. I was particularly impressed because my internet connection was through a cellular (MiFi) modem. Audio quality was just fine!

Default Re: BYOD Users: Available Nodes

About 5 months ago, Tim mentioned in this thread that the west node was still active:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,24291571?hilite=

FYI...Back then, I tried using my credentials on the south node in Houston, but it wouldn't work. I guess this one is reserved for special use.
    Last edited by tritch; 10-22-2010 at 04:53 PM.