You may have already made your choice, but currently VoipO is offering 24 months for $149 plus fees for the next 17 hours. I just renewed my VoipO service that was up for renewal next month. With $36 in taxes and fees the total for me was $185 for 24 months, or $7.71 per month.

I have regular VoipO service and not "Forwarded Local Service". With the regular service you can forward your phone line to another line, or you can have it simultaneously ring both your regular number and an alternate number. I use it to also ring my cellphone. I am not sure what the features are for Forwarded Local Service, but for the regular service you can also easily route numbers such as marketing calls, political calls, etc., to either busy, disconnected message, etc. Plus you get voicemail for those you don't answer which then sends you an email message with any message that was left. And while I have not used it, Regular service also includes 60 minutes of international calls to covered areas.

Even assuming that both services have the same features, you may find that the transition to Vonage to VoipO may go more smoothly if you get regular service and forward it.

Good luck regardless of which method you use.

Tom