Thread: Outgoing FAX Compatilibility with VOIPO

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Outgoing FAX Compatilibility with VOIPO

I fax using the fax-modem on my computer and the Fax program that comes with windows XP. I also have a cheap flatbed scanner. Sending an outgoing fax from a MS Word file or a scanned in image is just a matter of choosing "fax" on the print-to list, instead of choosing an actual printer.

Ya think I should adjust the flow-control settings on the fax-modem? Choices are (1) hardware, (2) Xon-Xoff, or (3) off.

Also there are settings in XP for "transmit buffer" and the "receive buffer."

I was successful at sending faxes a while ago, after I turned off error correction. But now, with error correction still off, I can't send fax anymore. I can try again after I change the speed to 9600, but don't know who I can send test faxes to without annoying them! I already got out the important fax I needed to send, using voipo's [phone number]@fax.voipo.com system. Printing a MS word document to fax doesn't work out well with this system. I convert to *.tif first, then print the *.tif to Fax.
    Last edited by nomenclator; 03-15-2013 at 01:34 PM.